Monday, May 08, 2006

London Peregrines

We went to London for the weekend (more about this in my other blog) and while we were in the Tottenham Court Road we bought a new pair of binoculars, Konica Minolta 7x42, from one of the technology outlets that are clustered in that street.

A little further up the street there is a great view of the BT Tower which is a known haunt of Peregrine Falcons. The new binoculars came out of the packaging and I examined every ledge and cranny that I could see, but didn't spot any birds.

We stayed at our daughter's flat on Saturday night and before we left there on Sunday I checked out a bell tower that is visible across the rooftops and was rewarded by a brief sighting of a falcon, probably a Peregrine. I will have to check it out the next time we visit.

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home